Re: [HACKERS] PgQ and pg_dump

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PgQ and pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The comment is accurate on what is going to be dumpable and what's not
>> from the code. In our case, as the pgq schema is not dumpable becaause
>> it comes from an extension, other objects it contain will not be
>> dumpable as well.
>>
>> That's the reason why the PgQ event tables created by
>> pgq.create_queue() are not dumped.
>
> That sucks.

Yes, and I'm surprised we haven't had any bug report yet on
inconsistent dumps. The patch that changed pg_dump's behavior on
extension objects is more then a year old.

I'll find some time today to add tests and check for other objects
that are not dumped for the same reason.

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/