Re: Read access for pg_monitor to pg_replication_origin_status view

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: Read access for pg_monitor to pg_replication_origin_status view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Stephen,

> > I have no problem adding it to this ROLE, but we'd have to amend the
> > doc for default-roles to reflect that SELECT for this view is also
> > granted to `pg_read_all_stats`.
>
> I agree in general that pg_monitor shouldn't have privileges granted
> directly to it.  If this needs a new default role, that's an option, but
> it seems like it'd make sense to be part of pg_read_all_stats to me, so
> amending the docs looks reasonable from here.

Good, that's more or less what I had in mind.

Here goes v2 of the patch, now there are 4 files (I could have
squashed the docs with the code changes, but hey, that'll be easy to
merge if needed :-) )

I did some fiddling to Michaels doc proposal, but it says basically the same.

Not 100% happy with the change to user-manag.sgml, but ok enough to send.

I also added an entry to the commitfest so we can track this there as well.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Вложения