Re: [PG_UPGRADE] 9.6 to 10.5

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: [PG_UPGRADE] 9.6 to 10.5
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 12:36:20PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I think we just need to add an error message to say the server must be
>> shut down as a _primary_ server, not as a standby server, and we can
>> recommend to read the documentation on the use of rsync.
>
> Attached is a proposed patch.

The logic in the patch is ok, but I'd use a different error message,
one that just mentions that you can only upgrade a primary node:

The source cluster was shut down while in recovery mode, but
pg_upgrade expected a primary node.

The error referring to the target node should be similar, although I
can't think of how to phrase it without saying "how on earth did you
get a standby for the target! RTFM!" :-D

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/