Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 20/06/16 16:23, Martín Marqués wrote:
>>
>> That's not entirely true. Think about a SELECT which has to scan all
>> child tables.
>
> Or any SELECT on the parent at all.  The planner needs to examine the
> CHECK constraints on the children and can't do it if the child is locked
> in ACCESS EXCLUSIVE mode.

Yeah, totally skipped my mind that, so partitioning is actually a bad
idea, if that's all they are looking to solve.

Thanks Vik for showing the oversight

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Alex Ignatov
Сообщение: Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?
Сообщение: Re: R: Vacuum full: alternatives?