Re: dropdb --force

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: dropdb --force
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 31.03.2019, 04:35 Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> >  bool
> > -CountOtherDBBackends(Oid databaseId, int *nbackends, int *nprepared)
> > +CountOtherDBBackends(Oid databaseId, int *nbackends, int *nprepared, bool force_terminate)
> >  {
>
> That doesn't seem like a decent API to me.

Only excuse is that naming was already a bit off, as the function
includes killing autovacuum workers.

Please advise what would be a good approach to improve it. I would
propose something like:

bool CountOtherDBBackends(Oid databaseId, int *nbackends, int *nprepared);
// make it actually do what the name announces - only the count, no
side effects.

bool KillDBBackends(Oid databaseId, bool killAutovacuum, bool killBackends);
// try to kill off all the backends, return false when there are still any.

Also, there is a question - should the FORCE option rollback prepared
transactions?

Thanks!