Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: 9.0 standby - could not open file global/XXXXX
Дата
Список pgsql-general

OK I have it fixed;; just for anyone who's interested - the error was in the base backup procedure.
When switched to plain "rsync -az" - it  works like a charm.

Most probably, the fault was I assumed that you can use the rsync --update option when doing base backup.
You cannot, especially when time sync on both servers is not accurate. In my case, destination server clock was few minutes in future.
So the pg_clog was broken due to this. Which means a completely corrupted database.

thanks Stephen & Andres for your responses.