Re: Call a external app on postgreSQL start-up (windows)

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: Call a external app on postgreSQL start-up (windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
2011/12/27 Maurício Cruz <cruz@sygecom.com.br>:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to execute some rotines on windows every time that postgreSQL is
> start at the server machine,

before it's started or just after it's started?

> I was thinking to create a PL/PGSQL to call this executable, or something
> like...
there are no triggers other than INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE yet.

I would rather go and create external script
- read lastruntime from savefile (simple one line text file will do)
- connect to postgres and fetch SELECT now(), pg_postmaster_start_time();
- if "pg_postmaster_start_time" is newer than statefile timestamp,
save "now" to savefile and run the job.

(I looked at PgAgent but from the docs I see it does not yet have
"once per server startup" logic).