Re: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: [Solved] Generic logging system for pre-hstore using plperl triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2011/9/27 Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@gmail.com>
Hi, I had to implement a logging system for some DBs in work. It's
generic and implemented using plperl. I've seen tons of mails on the
list from newbies asking for something like this using plpgsql, but no
specific solution is pointed for them. I think this may discourage
some of them.
The system is implemented using a separate schema with whatever name
you want, and has some really nice features: relevant tables can be
rotated to facilitate auditing, each logged action refers to the
modified tuple by pk, which you don't even have to (but can) specify
when reating the trigger, and some more. Performance is very
acceptable (test cases and suggestions are welcome), and never had a
problem since the about 8 months it's been working.
In the wiki some points are mentioned, but all is _too_ general and
for a vanilla pg-8.4 you won't have the hstore facility (note that
upgrading is not always a choice).
Will it worth pasting the little code in here or that'll be ignored?

If you can share it - do it, maybe someone will have use of your work - it's always welcome.
Publishing it on the web and linking here instead of pasting - will be even better.

Filip