Re: [PERFORM] Index-Advisor Tools

От Baron Schwartz
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Index-Advisor Tools
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Alexandre de Arruda Paes
<adaldeia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will be very happy with a tool(or a stats table) that shows the most
> searched values from a table(since a statistic reset).

As a vendor, I normally stay silent on this list, but I feel compelled to speak here. This is a feature we built support for in VividCortex. (I'm the founder and CEO). Unlike most PostgreSQL monitoring tools, our product not only aggregates query activity into metrics, but retains a rich and representative sample set of the actual statements that executed, including full parameters (even for prepared statements), and all of the properties for the query: the connection's origin, the timestamp, latency, etc. These are mapped visually to a scatterplot, and you can instantly see where there are clusters of latency outliers, etc, and inspect those quickly. It includes EXPLAIN plans and everything else you need to understand how that statement executed. VividCortex may not be suitable for your scenario, but our customers do use it frequently for finding queries that need indexes and determining what indexes to add.