Re: BUG #16570: Collation not working

От Arnaud Perrier
Тема Re: BUG #16570: Collation not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

It does not work with locale = 'en@colReorder=latn-digit' on Windows / Linux also.
I've got the same results as mentioned previously.

I cannot make my own build because my project will probably rely on a Postgresql service cloud provider (default installation, no extension like icu_ext, ...).

1/ Is-it possible to request a newer ICU version for Postgresql 13 builds (for all platforms) and how to do it ?
2/ Is-it possible to request for a "debug" mode for ICU feature to see when it is applied/ignored ?

Best regards,
Arnaud

Le lun. 3 août 2020 à 19:35, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> a écrit :
        PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> The collation to order digits after latin characters from the official
> documentation https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/collation.html
>
> CREATE COLLATION digitslast (provider = icu, locale =
> 'en-u-kr-latn-digit');

The doc has this caveat:
"The examples using the k* subtags require at least ICU version 54."

Since you're using ICU 53,  the syntax mentioned above for the locale
argument doesn't work. It doesn't error out, it's just being ignored.

You want to use exclusively the "old" syntax with option=value
instead of tags, for instance:
   locale = 'en@colReorder=latn-digit',
or build with a newer ICU version.

Unfortunately the EDB builds for Windows (maybe for linux
too I didn't check) ship with ICU 53, although this version
is 6 years old.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité