Re: Help with sql

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Help with sql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
> The database is mostly static.  I run through a very lengthy process to populate the database maybe once a month and
thenit is 99% read-only.

Do you run an ANALYZE on the table after populating it? Postgres needs
up-to-date statistics for best results. I'd recommend doing an
explicit 'VACUUM ANALYZE' once your data's loaded, and then try your
queries after that - it might not do much, but it also might give a
massive improvement.

ChrisA