Re: PostgreSQL limitations question

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: PostgreSQL limitations question
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL limitations question  (Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there should be an explanation what *unlimited* really means.

Unlimited doesn't mean you can have infinite of something, but just
that that specific attribute doesn't have its own limit. For instance,
if I fly to England, I am allowed to carry as much sheet music with me
as I like ("unlimited"), but there are weight limits on my total
baggage. In theory, I could calculate exactly how many bars of music I
could fit, at the tightest font size I can reasonably use, on the
lightest paper, etc, etc, and thus figure out that the airline limits
me to X amount of sheet music; but there's no actual limit on sheet
music.

Does that help?

Chris Angelico