Re: Unable to do a mailing list proper search

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Unable to do a mailing list proper search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM,  <craig@gtek.biz> wrote:

>> On 10/31/2012 12:59 PM, craig@gtek.biz wrote:
>>> list all role privileges
>>
>> Google:
>>
>> site:archives.postgresql.org 'list all role privileges'
>>
>> --
>
> I was kind of hoping "The world's most advanced open source database." would offer this functionality without having
torely on an outside source.

Why? The most advanced open source projects depend heavily on outside
sources. PostgreSQL is managed by git, borrowing from the Linux kernel
development tools; one web site mirror is run on RackSpace; there's
always a lot of reliance on uplinks and remote services. No point
replicating what already exists!

Leveraging (there, that's today's buzzword out of the way) Google
Search rather than building your own is a smart move. Python used to
have their own search facility, but it was recently pulled out in
favour of Google (see http://www.python.org/search/ for example)
because Google offer more functionality and faster response.

ChrisA