Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?
Дата
Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?  (Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> You might want to look at the hackers list thread I started about the
> same topic a week before your post:
>
>         http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-07/msg00416.php
>
> Basically, you can only use mtime/size if you are replaying WAL.

I'll check that out in a bit; but hot standby includes replaying WAL,
right? That's what we're doing - full live replication with
possibility to "pg_ctl promote" a slave straight up to master.

ChrisA