Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?
Дата
Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:46 PM, vinny <vinny@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> The actual rollback won't hurt as long as you have not made any
> modificatons to any records. But opening the transaction could have side
> effects for other processes that want to modiy the records that you want
> to protect in your read-only transaction.
>
> How about using a databaseuser that has it's create/update/delete rights
> revoked? That will cause an error if the supposedly read-only routine
> does try to change data.

The readonly-ness of the session is defined based on information
stored in the database, so that would entail the cost of
re-authenticating. Also, we want to minimize debugging time by having
both read-only and read-write access use almost exactly the same code
and DB access, meaning that we should not need to test every module in
every mode.

ChrisA

Сообщение: Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?
Сообщение: Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?