Re: Libpq question

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Libpq question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM, John Townsend
<jtownsend@advancedformulas.com> wrote:
> I downloaded PIKE. The "PostgreSQL direct network module for Pike",
> pgsql.pike (and the other modules), shows how it was done.
>
> Many thanks for the tip. I rarely step out of Delphi, so I was unaware of
> the power and versatility of Pike. The Sql.pmod reveals the other databases
> to which you can connect.
>
> I think any PostGreSQL user or programmer ought to try Pike.

I absolutely agree! Pike is awesome. Actually, I've picked up
something of a reputation at work and various places for advocating
Pike for everything from quick scripts to embedded servers to database
manipulators/versioners to interactive calculators... its main
boasting-feature, though, being the ability to easily reload altered
code without shutting the application down. I have a server that's
been running for 96 weeks and a smidge so far; nary a glitch and
plenty of code changes. The Pike development community is small but
very helpful.

ChrisA