Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> In addition to the other places mentioned, don't forget that the .info
> and .org TLDs run on pgsql. and run quite well too. Oracle tossed a
> LOT of FUD when Afilias put in their bid to run the TLD on postgresql.
> It was actually quite pathetic. Here's the comments from Oracle:
>
> http://forum.icann.org/org-eval/gartner-report/msg00000.html

"PostgreSQL ... lacks the transactional features ..."

What? Really? PostgreSQL was the first database engine where I started
rolling back ALTER TABLE statements. (I'm not sure whether DB2 v5
could do it or not, but if it could, I never made use of it.) It's a
flexibility I've come to not only appreciate, but depend on; schema
changes and content changes are now no different to me, both can be
versionned the same way.

> And the replies to the FUD here:
>
> http://forum.icann.org/org-eval/gartner-report/msg00001.html
> http://forum.icann.org/org-eval/gartner-report/msg00002.html

"Ms. Gelhausen is quite correct that these are important
capabilities, finally available with the release of Oracle9i. We
applaud Oracle's continued efforts to close the gap and stay
competitive with this, and other open source database features."

Burrrrrrrn!

ChrisA

Сообщение: Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
Сообщение: Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies