Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?
Дата
Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Sergey Konoplev
<sergey.konoplev@postgresql-consulting.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As I understand the docs for rsync, it will use both mod time and file size
>>> if told not to do checksums.
>
> I wonder if it is correct in general to use mtime and size to perform
> these checks from the point of view of PostgreSQL.
>
> If it works with the current version then is there a guaranty that it
> will work with the future versions?

That was my exact question. Ideally, I'd like to hear from someone who
works with the Postgres internals, but the question may not even be
possible to answer.

ChrisA