Re: PG defaults and performance (was Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum))

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: PG defaults and performance (was Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum))
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Totally not.  With default settings and default pgbench, the easiest
> way for host B to beat host A is by lying about the durability of
> fsync.

True. Without the ability to brutally cut the power to a cloud
instance or other remote (and in some cases possibly virtualized)
server, it's practically impossible to test that. We're basically
relying on replication and hoping that three instances (master and two
slaves) don't go down simultaneously, which is hardly a guarantee.

ChrisA

Сообщение: Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)
Сообщение: Re: Unexpectedly high disk space usage RESOLVED (Manual reindex/vacuum)