Re: Timezone error when casting. Maybe daylight saving

От Kjetil Nygård
Тема Re: Timezone error when casting. Maybe daylight saving
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Only that it breaks a test in pgjdbc project.

But the real bug is in PostgreSQL.

1. apr. 2014 22:44 skrev "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> følgende:
Not sure what this has to do with JDBC ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Kjetil Nygård <polpot78@gmail.com> wrote:

I try to build with the tests, but when I run the test
org.postgresql.test.jdbc2.StatementTest.testDateFunctions() i get:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<-3> but was:<-2>

When I run the same function directly in PostgreSQL, I also get -2:

test=> select extract( day from ((CAST(-3 || ' day' as
interval)+now())-now()));
 date_part
-----------
        -2

When I remove the extract day from the expression, I get:
test=> select  CAST(-3 || ' day' as interval)+now()-now();
     ?column?
-------------------
 -2 days -23:00:00

Also note these two:

test=> select '3 day'::interval + now();
           ?column?
-------------------------------
 2014-04-04 22:13:36.144756+02

test=> select  (CAST(-3 || ' days' as interval)+now());
           ?column?
-------------------------------
 2014-03-29 22:13:38.880739+01

Which should give the same timezone, but they are in +01 and +02.

This seems like a timezone problem, but I do not yet fully understand
why. My timezone is "Europe/Oslo". My PostgreSQL version is 9.3.4, from
PostgreSQL's YUM-repo.

PS: I sent this to both bugs and pgjdbc as it is a bug in PostgreSQL and
affects pgjdbc.

Regards,

Kjetil Nygård
Phone: +47 41 47 43 37