Re: Converting timestamp to timestamptz without rewriting tables

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: Converting timestamp to timestamptz without rewriting tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 18 December 2017 at 18:43, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> All of the timestamps in our system represent an instant in time, not
> a clock date/time, so timestamp with time zone is more appropriate.
> All of the data that is currently on disk in timestamp columns was
> inserted in a db session in UTC, and represents that timestamp in
> UTC.

Are you aware of the fact that "timestamp with time zone" does NOT actually store the time zone?

Yes.

A timestamptz stores everything as UTC and the value is converted to the session time zone upon retrieval.

Which is exactly what we want.

Сообщение: Re: Converting timestamp to timestamptz without rewriting tables
Сообщение: Re: Converting timestamp to timestamptz without rewriting tables