Re: extension_control_path

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: extension_control_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 January 2014 03:07, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> For my 2c, I could absolutely see it as being worthwhile to have an
> independent directory to install not-from-package extensions.  That
> would keep things which are "managed by the package system" and things
> which are installed independent separate, which is absolutely a good
> thing, imv.

Another use case previously mentioned is that it makes
user-installable extensions for developer-targeted bundles like
Postgres.app possible. Postgres.app ships with contrib and a few other
extensions by default, but if you want to install more, you have to
chuck them into extensions dir inside the app bundle itself, so minor
updates which replace the bundle will then lose your installed
extensions. A nicer approach would be to allow it to also look for
extensions under ~/Library/ as well as in the bundled distribution,
but that's not possible if postgres only looks in one place, short of
hand hacking fs links in the extension dir.

Cheers

Tom