Concerning about Unicode-aware string handling

От Vincas Dargis
Тема Concerning about Unicode-aware string handling
Дата
Re: Concerning about Unicode-aware string handling  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We have problems (currently using 8.4, but also in latest 9.1.3) in
our application with Unicode word symbols in Lithuanian ('ąčęėįšųūž'),
Russian and of course potentially other languages.

For example, regex_replace('acząčž', E'\\W', '', 'g') removes ąčž.

lower() and ~* comparison works only with locale that is set (no
internationalization).

Could we expect Unciode support in near future? Or should we do quick
hacks by reimplementing regexp_replace(), lower(), upper() and other
string SQL functions using, for example, Qt libraries..? Or maybe are
there some kind simpler workarounds?

Thank you,
Vincas.