need ability to control line ending format in editor

От jeff stevens
Тема need ability to control line ending format in editor
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
hello,
searched for this topic but couldn't find anything via google or searching the mailing lists.

pgAdmin
---------------------
v 1.22.1 on windows 10
english

postgres
---------------------
v 9.5.1 on opensuse 3.16.7
english

i do my function development in pgAdmin on windows, but my postgres instances are all on linux.
i create a script to edit a function. if there are any line endings added or modified, they seem to be saved back to postgres as \r instead of \n.
to promote changes, i typically copy/paste from the pgAdmin script window through PuTTY into a text file, which i can then submit to test and prod using psql in linux.
somewhere in that process the line endings get out of sync; not sure how.
then when i run my db compare script it reports differences because of the occasional \r.

has this been discussed already?

thanks,
jeff stevens