Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1

От Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb
Тема Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Team,

As said by Tom Lane, I had some outdated binaries in my PATH. After removing those outdated binaries from the PATH, I didn't face any errors in postgres compilation.

Thank you so much for all your assistance.

Regards,
Mujeeb.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 1:29 AM Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2023, at 18:00, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

(…)

> * If you use MacPorts or Homebrew, maybe that's out of date?
> Try removing the associated directories from your PATH to see
> if it works better.

Perhaps even worse; you had old binaries from an Intel architecture that were migrated onto a new ARM-based architecture? In that case the Homebrew uninstall scripts won’t even work anymore - at least not w/o Rosetta 2 - as they’re Intel-based too.

A migration assistant can also work too well, I found.

Alban Hertroys
--
There is always an exception to always.