Re: pg_restore depending on user functions

От Дмитрий Иванов
Тема Re: pg_restore depending on user functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, I'll do it.
> Сreating function A before function B results in a compilation error.
On my part, this is an incorrect assumption. There are no compilation errors here. she just didn't recover from the first pass.

вс, 14 нояб. 2021 г. в 23:46, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Дмитрий Иванов <firstdismay@gmail.com> writes:
> вс, 14 нояб. 2021 г. в 22:31, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Usually this is caused by being careless about search_path assumptions
>> in your functions ... but with no details, it's impossible to say
>> anything with certainty.

> No, in this case it is not:
> Function A using function B.
> Сreating function A before function B results in a compilation error.
> Function B has no dependencies and is generated without errors. The second
> run of the circuit creates function A.
> If I could specify a function dependency, it would change the order of
> recovery

This is not "details", this is an evidence-free assertion.  Please show
a concrete example of problematic functions.

>> ...  What minor release are you using?

>  PostgreSQL 14.1 (Debian 14.1-1.pgdg110+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled
> by gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, 64-bit
> pg_restote, pg_dump from this build

Ok, so you're up to date all right.  But again, you didn't say what
concrete problem you were having with a dump/restore of an identity
column.  It works fine for me.

От: Дмитрий Иванов
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore depending on user functions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore depending on user functions