Re: pg_upgradecluster fails if port is not specified in postgresql.conf

От Yuriy Chernyshov
Тема Re: pg_upgradecluster fails if port is not specified in postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

it looks like postgres defaults to port 5432 if nothing is specified in config.
This was my configuration.

postgresql also supports conf.d folder which can contain additional setting. It looks like pg_upgradecluster does not support this folder either (yet it was not my case).

On Tue, 15 May 2018 at 11:29, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Yuriy Chernyshov 2018-05-14 <CAPHLbgMZdoMkWe6wAMQn2By-9d95T6QKPDBGF5x6nTkAcK4ExA@mail.gmail.com>
>  It looks like postgres falls back to default port (5432) if port is not
> specified in postgresql.conf.
> The probles is actual in postgresql-common=191.pgdg14.04+1
>
> Unfortunately, pg_upgradecluster does not handle this situation. It fails
> with "Error: could not get cluster locales" and such message hardly helps
> to debug the problem.

Hi,

where did you specify the port if not in postgresql.conf?

Christoph