Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello

Please feel free to edit the Sketch file- my only ask is new versions hare named accordingly.

Is this the app you used? https://www.sketchapp.com/

Yes. Also, I recognize it's probably not the best tool, given that there's a 30 day free trial and then you need to purchase a license. I'm looking into other programs that are free.

FYI, we use LucidCharts internally. It's a pretty good Google Apps integrated version of Microsoft Visio.

Ah ok. Do you have any files related to pgAdmin you can share (or put into Google drive folder)?

Some initial thoughts on the inventory:

- Wow, that's a lot of colours. I didn't realise we had so many. I think we need to work that down to a set of a dozen or less primary colours.

Me neither! I'm not so concerned with the number of different colors, but with the number of similar shades of each color.

I can distill those down and send another email shortly.

- I wouldn't worry about the button colour borders and gradients too much. Those are standard bootstrap colours, so we should document them in terms of bootstrap styles, not colour components.

Ok. But are they appropriate for this app?

Personally I think they're fine.

They seem ok for buttons (cancel, save, reset, toolbar). I found the gradient is also on alerts when you click Dependencies, Dependents while selecting Server in the browser.

I think those alerts should not have a gradient to match with the other types of alerts (notifiers and error messages). Since these specific alerts are not success / fail messages, the blue works because it's a neutral color.

highlight_selection color.png
Here is what the updated colors would look like in the app.

Focus on text field in nodes
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 12.13.53 PM.png

Browser
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 12.14.55 PM.png

Highlight in dropdown menu
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 12.19.51 PM.png

Alerts Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 11.29.11 AM.png
If this is ok, we will add these changes to our backlog as style changes.
Вложения