Re: HOT chain validation in verify_heapam()

От Himanshu Upadhyaya
Тема Re: HOT chain validation in verify_heapam()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 7:20 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 8:24 AM Himanshu Upadhyaya
<upadhyaya.himanshu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before this we stop the node by "$node->stop;" and then only we progress to
> manual corruption. This will abort all running/in-progress transactions.
> So, if we create an in-progress transaction and comment "$node->stop;"
> then somehow all the code that we have for manual corruption does not work.
>
> I think it is required to stop the server and then only proceed for manual corruption?
> If this is the case then please suggest if there is a way to get an in-progress transaction
> that we can use for manual corruption.

How about using a prepared transaction?

Thanks, yes it's working fine with Prepared Transaction.
Please find attached the v9 patch incorporating all the review comments.

--
Regards,
Himanshu Upadhyaya