Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?

От Theodore M Rolle, Jr.
Тема Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, the SQLite thing.

On Sun, May 21, 2023, 15:11 Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com> wrote:
?? the sqlite thing ??

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 7:15 PM Theodore M Rolle, Jr. <stercor@gmail.com> wrote:
What about sqlcipher?

On Sun, May 21, 2023, 07:16 Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com> wrote:
Oracle have One (1) DB per instance (in Oracle its not named a cluster as...there is only one !). So ...

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 9:30 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 5/18/23 11:56, Ron wrote:
> On 5/18/23 12:54, Rob Sargent wrote:
>> On 5/18/23 11:49, Ron wrote:

> We need to keep costs down, too.
>
> Oracle (I think) does it at the DB level, and so does SQL Server. Upper
> Management hears us say "sorry, no can do" and wonders what bunch of
> amateurs are developing PostgreSQL.

Looks like you will be migrating to Oracle or SQL Server.

Good luck on keeping costs down.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?
Сообщение: Re: Would PostgreSQL 16 native transparent data encryption support database level encryption?