postgres FDW cost estimation options unrecognized in 9.3-beta1

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема postgres FDW cost estimation options unrecognized in 9.3-beta1
Дата
Re: postgres FDW cost estimation options unrecognized in 9.3-beta1  (Giuseppe Broccolo <giuseppe.broccolo@2ndquadrant.it>)
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,
I have a postgresql-9.3-beta1 cluster setup (from the
yum.postgresql.org RPMs), where I'm experimenting with the postgres
FDW extension.  The documentation (
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/postgres-fdw.html )
references three Cost Estimation Options which can be set for a
foreign table or a foreign server.  However when I attempt to set
them, I always get an error that the option is not found:
#######
nightly=# show SERVER_VERSION ;
 server_version
----------------
 9.3beta1

nightly=# \des+
                                                               List of
foreign servers
   Name    |   Owner   | Foreign-data wrapper | Access privileges |
Type | Version |
          FDW Options                    | Description
 cuda_db10 | lfriedman | postgres_fdw         |                   |
  |         | (host 'cuda-db10', dbname 'nightly', port '5432') |
(1 row)

nightly=# ALTER SERVER cuda_db10 OPTIONS (SET use_remote_estimate 'true') ;
ERROR:  option "use_remote_estimate" not found
#######

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

thanks