feature request ctid cast / sql exception

От Vladimír Houba ml.
Тема feature request ctid cast / sql exception
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

this is a feature request for a rather simple functionality.

I propose to implement a builtin and efficient bidirectional cast between ctid and bigint types.

Another nice feature would be a function that can be called from a sql statement and would throw an exception when executed.

I know these functions can be implemented using UDF, but the performance and need to deploy it to every database is very inconvenient.

Thank you