Re: BUG #12183: Memory leak in long running sessions

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Re: BUG #12183: Memory leak in long running sessions
Дата
Re: BUG #12183: Memory leak in long running sessions
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Tom,

the biggest evidence for me is that the COMMIT_AS memory grow to the
COMMIT_LIMIT at some moment and we do not have any memory left to allocate
on the system and sessions start to throw 'out of memory' exceptions.

Killing that old running sessions reduces COMMIT_AS value (we get up to
60GB free). So I do not have any explanation other then a leak.

We made more statistics gathering monitoring the /proc/PID/statm values
"resident" - "shared" for such processes.

We see the value growth and could correlate it with the calling of some of
stored procedure that is quite heavy and processes relatively large set of
data. It also creates a 50MB temp file.

Here is an example of the memory growth:

timestamp     size(kb)
1418187057 79888
1418187087 80192
1418187117 85976
1418187147 86100
1418187177 88292
1418187207 88740
1418187237 380524
1418187267 719960
1418187297 555292
1418187327 560488
1418187357 563500
1418187387 569868
1418187417 573800
1418187447 576692
1418187477 582300
1418187507 584240
1418187537 586036
1418187567 586508
1418187597 586852
1418187628 587284
1418187658 589092
1418187688 589392
1418187718 601164
1418187748 602124
1418187778 605472
1418187808 606520
1418187838 608196
1418187868 609612
1418187898 612588
1418187928 614740
1418187958 616572
1418187988 630092
1418188018 630696
1418188048 632240
1418188078 634220
1418188108 636636
1418188138 637192
1418188168 638120
1418188198 640940
1418188229 642532
1418188259 645040
1418188289 827404
1418188319 662092
1418188349 662676
1418188379 662748
1418188409 663364
1418188439 663408
1418188469 663416
1418188499 663600
1418188529 664224
1418188559 664620
1418188589 666088
1418188619 667176
1418188649 669252
1418188680 669732
1418188710 670176
1418188740 670224
1418188770 676104
1418188800 684256
1418188830 804900
1418188860 1151124
1418188890 1151124
1418188920 949300
1418188950 950456
1418188980 950492
1418189010 950764
1418189040 951756
1418189070 953068

Can we collect some more information that would give more hints on what is
going on there?

Regards,

-- Valentine Gogichashvili