Re: confusing invalid UTF8 byte sequence error

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Re: confusing invalid UTF8 byte sequence error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Has anyone else ever found this error message confusing:
ERROR:  22021: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xdb24
I think what is really meant is better expressed like this:
ERROR:  22021: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xdb 0x24
Otherwise it looks like a codepoint or a 16-bit word (endianness?) or
who knows what.

Talking about this error, I find the lack of context in this error message more confusing... relative position or surrounding charachters would be really helpful, when searching for a problem with encoding...

-- Valentine Gogichashvili