Re: Can't use WITH in a PERFORM query in PL/pgSQL?

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Re: Can't use WITH in a PERFORM query in PL/pgSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> I suppose you could argue that selecting a value and implicitly throwing
> it away is confusing to novices, but on the other hand I've seen a whole
> lot of novices confused by the need to write PERFORM instead of SELECT.
> I think it wouldn't be an unreasonable thing to just interpret a SELECT
> with no INTO clause as being a PERFORM (ie execute and discard results).
> Then we'd not have to do anything magic for commands starting with WITH.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

it would be really a good idea to allow SELECT without INTO in plpgsql.

PERFORM just makes things much more complicated, without actually adding any
really working "protection" from misusing SELECT without INTO.

With best regards,
-- Valentin Gogichashvili

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Can't use WITH in a PERFORM query in PL/pgSQL?
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Can't use WITH in a PERFORM query in PL/pgSQL?