Re: Bug report - pg_upgrade tool seems to have a race condition when trying to delete a pg_wal file

От Waka Ranai
Тема Re: Bug report - pg_upgrade tool seems to have a race condition when trying to delete a pg_wal file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I cannot confirm for each of the machines, but I know that on some of them where the issue happened, no virus scanner were installed apart from the default one of Microsoft, and I did not see any other processes than postgres using the file when I looked with Process Explorer, do you know how I can be 100% sure that it was not the case ?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Le jeu. 23 mai 2024 à 09:21, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> a écrit :
On Wed, 2024-05-22 at 18:14 +0200, Waka Ranai wrote:
> The command I ran is
> "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\15\bin\pg_upgrade.exe" -d "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\data" -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\15\data" -b "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin" -B "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\15\bin" -U postgres
> after having set PGPASSWORD to the correct password.
>
> The issue was either
> “pg_resetwal: error: could not delete file "pg_wal/000000010000000000000001": Permission denied”
> or sometimes it was saying that the file could not be found instead of Permission denied.
> When I look in the directory while it is executing, I can see that the file is there previously,
> and always removed after the pg_upgrade crashes. I tried to inspect with Process Explorer what
> processes were using it, always processes from postgres, only one after a fresh install of
> postgres 15, but I saw that during the execution of pg_upgrade, sometimes two processes were
> using it.

Did you make sure that no virus scanner is active on the data directories?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe