Re: refresh materialized view concurrently

От Hitoshi Harada
Тема Re: refresh materialized view concurrently
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
Attached is a patch for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY for
9.4 CF1.  The goal of this patch is to allow a refresh without
interfering with concurrent reads, using transactional semantics.

I spent a few hours to review the patch.

Oh, BTW, though it is not part of this patch, but I came across this.

!     /*
!      * We're not using materialized views in the system catalogs.
!      */
      Assert(!IsSystemRelation(matviewRel));

Of course we don't have builtin matview on system catalog, but it is possible to create such one by allow_system_table_mods=true, so Assert doesn't look like good to me.

Thanks,
--
Hitoshi Harada