Re: [GENERAL] building extension with large string inserts

От Tom van Tilburg
Тема Re: [GENERAL] building extension with large string inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You are right! I totally forgot about this dollar quoting :)
Typically one of those things you will only remember the hard way ;-)

Thanks a lot,
 Tom

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:08 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Tom van Tilburg <tom.van.tilburg@gmail.com> writes:
> I think I misunderstand. How would that help my insert statement?
> You would get INSERT INTO mytable VALUES ($ javascript with a lot of
> unescaped characters like /n " // etc. $);

Sure, but in a dollar-quoted literal you don't need to escape them.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-DOLLAR-QUOTING

> and: Am I correct that INSERTS are the way to go in extensions?

Seems reasonable, if you want the extension script to be self-contained.