Re: autovac issue with large number of tables

От Kasahara Tatsuhito
Тема Re: autovac issue with large number of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 3:49 AM Jim Nasby <nasbyj@amazon.com> wrote:
> I'm in favor of trying to improve scheduling (especially allowing users
> to control how things are scheduled), but that's a far more invasive
> patch. I'd like to get something like this patch in without waiting on a
> significantly larger effort.

BTW, Have you tried the patch suggested in the thread below?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180629.173418.190173462.horiguchi.kyotaro%40lab.ntt.co.jp

The above is a suggestion to manage statistics on shared memory rather
than in a file, but I think this feature may mitigate your problem.
I think that feature has yet another performance challenge, but it
might be worth a try.
The above patch will also require a great deal of effort to get into
the PostgreSQL-core, but I'm curious to see how well it works for this
problem.

Best regards,

--
Tatsuhito Kasahara