Re: Materialized views WIP patch

От Nicolas Barbier
Тема Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/3/5 Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>:

> Exactly.  I predict that we will eventually have some special sort
> of trigger for maintaining MVs based on base table changes to
> handle the ones that are just too expensive (in developer time or
> run time) to fully automate.  But there is a lot of low-hanging
> fruit for automation.

I think it would be totally OK to restrict the possible definitions
for matviews that can be maintained fully incrementally to something
like:

SELECT attributes and aggregations FROM trivial joins WHERE trivial
condition GROUP BY attributes;

Those definitions are the most useful for optimizing the things that
matviews are good at (joins and aggregation).

Nicolas

PS. Sorry for having fired off this discussion that obviously doesn’t
really relate to the current patch.

--
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?

Сообщение: Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Сообщение: Re: Materialized views WIP patch