Re: Patch Review: Bugfix for XPATH() if text or attribute nodes are selected

От Nicolas Barbier
Тема Re: Patch Review: Bugfix for XPATH() if text or attribute nodes are selected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/6/29, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org>:

> Secondly, there is little point in having an type XML if we
> don't actually ensure that values of that type can only contain
> well-formed XML.

+1. The fact that XPATH() must return a type that cannot depend on the
given expression (even if it is a constant string) may be unfortunate,
but returning XML-that-is-not-quite-XML sounds way worse to me.

Nicolas

--
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?