Moving from pgFouine to pgBadger Issue with Total query duration metric

От Sreekanth Palluru
Тема Moving from pgFouine to pgBadger Issue with Total query duration metric
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi ,
I am moving from pgFouine to pgBadger. When I compare the reports I see that there is major difference in time reported by metric Total query duration for given same postgres server log file.( excuse me for not sharing the postgres server logfile )
pgfouine reports around 2hrs where as pgBadger reports around 4hrs.

I am using below command options  to execute the report. I am mainly comparing pgBadger report with  queries.html report

Appreciate your help on this ? wanted to know why there so much difference in time ?

pgFouine

/home/postgres/fouine/pgfouine-1.2/pgfouine.php -logtype stderr -file $filename -top 30 \
-report /tmp/queries.html=overall,bytype,slowest,n-mosttime,n-mostfrequent,n-slowestaverage \
-report /tmp/hourly.html=overall,hourly \
-report /tmp/errors.html=overall,n-mostfrequenterrors \
-database $1

pgBadger

perl pgbadger  -t 30 --disable-session --disable-connection --disable-lock --disable-temporary --disable-checkpoint  --disable-autovacuum -o pgbadger_out_3.html -d <DBNAME>  /home/postgres/postgresql-2018-01-11_000000.log

pgFouine => Overall statistics

·  Overall statistics ^

  • Number of unique normalized queries: 208
  • Number of queries: 2,111
  • Total query duration: 2h36m45s
  • First query: 2018-01-11 00:01:06
  • Last query: 2018-01-11 23:20:07
  • Query peak: 6 queries/s at 2018-01-11 14:26:18
  • Number of errors: 70,043
  • Number of unique normalized errors: 19

pgBadger =>  Global Stats

Global Stats

  • 207 Number of unique normalized queries
  • 2,113 Number of queries
  • 4h41m48s Total query duration
  • 2018-01-11 00:01:06 First query
  • 2018-01-11 23:20:07 Last query
  • 6 queries/s at 2018-01-11 17:41:30 Query peak

--
Regards
Sreekanth