Re: Large scale reliable software system

От Michael Nolan
Тема Re: Large scale reliable software system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It's not just Ruby, dumb databases are preferred in projects like
WordPress, Drupal and Joomla, too.

Now, if it's because they're used to using MySQL, well maybe that's
not so hard to understand.  :-)

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 8:05 PM Guyren Howe <guyren@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a reasonable answer, but I want to offer a caveat.
>
> Likely because of the influence of the originator of Ruby on Rails, it is close to holy writ in the web development
communitythat the database must be treated as a dumb data bucket and all business logic must be implemented in the Ruby
orPython or whatever back end code.

От: Guyren Howe
Сообщение: Re: Large scale reliable software system
От: Guyren Howe
Сообщение: Re: Large scale reliable software system