Re: How to analyze a slowdown in 9.3.5?

От Michael Nolan
Тема Re: How to analyze a slowdown in 9.3.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 9.1.2015 23:14, Michael Nolan wrote:
> I'm running 9.3.5 on a virtual machine with 5 cores and 24 GB of
> memory.  Disk is on a SAN.
>
> I have a task that runs weekly that processes possibly as many as
> 120 months worth of data, one month at a time. Since moving to 9.3.5
> (from 8.2!!) the average time for a month has been 3 minutes or less.

Congrats to migrating to a supported version!

Yeah, it's been a long and annoying 7 years since we updated the server or database version, but I don't make the budget decisions.  Going to PGCON was frustrating when nearly all the talks were about features added several versions after the one I was stuck running!
--
Mike Nolan
PS.  Sorry about the top-posting in my last note.