Re: Searchable chess positions in a Postgress DB

От Michael Nolan
Тема Re: Searchable chess positions in a Postgress DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 11/04/12 21:24, Gavin Flower wrote:
On 11/04/12 19:15, Sidney Cadot wrote:
Dear all,

As a hobby project, I am toying around with a database containing
about 5 million chess games. On average, these games have about 80
positions (~ 40 moves by both black and white), which means there are
about 400 million chess positions in there.

If you haven't done so already, you should read through the literature on chess and computers.  I'm quite a few years out of date, but there's been a lot of research into efficient ways to store and search chess positions, and some of it may have dealt with SQL database structures.
--
Mike Nolan