Re: [HACKERS] Possible issue with expanded object infrastructure onPostgres 9.6.1

От Justin Workman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Possible issue with expanded object infrastructure onPostgres 9.6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> A customer is on 9.6.1, and complains of a segfault observed at least
>> 3 times.
> For the sake of the archives: this now looks very much like the issue
> that Tom just fixed with commit
> 9bf4068cc321a4d44ac54089ab651a49d89bb567.

Yeah, particularly seeing that $customer noted that some of the
columns involved were UUIDs:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOxz3fqK9Y0GntL8MDoeZjy2Ot_6Lx1YvHAY6Bd1vYkUp-iS_A@mail.gmail.com

Good to have gotten to the bottom of that one.  Too bad it just
missed the train for 9.6.4.

                        regards, tom lane

 $customer, here. I just want to thank everyone involved for getting to the bottom of this and for your support. Even if it missed the 9.6.4 release, I'm very grateful for your help. We haven't had much of an issue since disabling parallel workers so nothing is harmed by waiting a little longer.

Thanks,
Justin