Re: 2 patches

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Re: 2 patches
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

2013/4/29 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
Hi

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> thank you for committing.
>
> Attached are two "bug fixes" and an improvement.
>
> - Can not save settings if thoussep and decimal mark are blank

Good catch - applied.

> - Not copying column header if selecting just one cell

I don't think that's appropriate - the copy format should be
consistent no matter how many cells are copied, and we do apply the
quoting rules regardless. It might make sense to have a "Use
quoting/headers with single cell" option though, to allow the user to
control the behaviour (though, that name sucks - we'd need a better
one). If off, we just copy the string of the cell and don't add any
quotes or column names. If on, you get the column names and quotes as
you would with multiple cells.

What do you think about a dropdown box in the options dialog:
Copy column names:   Never/Multiple cell selection/Always

> Another thing is the ability to disable number formatting at all in query
> window. Might be useful.

That one might be useful, but it needs some tweaking:

- We don't typically have options on frmOptions for settings you can
toggle directly on frmQuery. Apparently that rule wasn't followed for
auto-rollback I notice though.

I'm with you, it was not my prefered solution. Better would be a query window limited variable, which overrides the sys settings during one "session".
I'm going to check this again. Do we have a doxygen documentation about the source code? This would make it much easier to dive into the source code?

- The menu position you've used is certainly wrong. It definitely
shouldn't be in the middle of the EXPLAIN menu items, and probably
shouldn't be on the Query menu at all. The View menu seems more
appropriate to me.

I see. I'm going to change the position.

Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback.
--
Dave Page