Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013, David Fetter wrote:
There are a lot of ways foreign tables don't yet act like local ones.
Much as I'm a booster for fixing that problem, I'm thinking
improvements in this direction are for a separate patch.

This isn't about making FDWs more like local tables- indeed, quite the opposite. The question is if we should declare that WITH ORDINALITY will only ever be for SRFs or if we should consider that it might be useful with FDWs specifically because they are not unordered sets as tables are. Claiming that question is unrelated to the implementation of WITH ORDINALITY is rather... Bizarre.

Thanks,

Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY
Сообщение: Re: Review: UNNEST (and other functions) WITH ORDINALITY