Re: replicating DROP commands across servers

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: replicating DROP commands across servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andres Freund wrote:
>
> > Having reread the patch just now I basically see two things to
> > criticize:
> > a) why isn't this accessible at SQL level? That seems easy to address.
> > b) Arguably some of this could well be done in separate commits.
>
> Fair comments.  I will split it up.

Here's a split version.  The last part is still missing some polish --
in particular handling for OBJECT_POLICY, and the SQL interface which
would also allow us to get something in the regression tests.

The OBJECT_POLICY bit is on me to clean up and I'm planning to do so shortly. I agree that we likely want policies for other objects also as a couple people have brought up that idea now and will investigate it.

I'm planning to address the copy.c comments first and should have a patch later tonight.

Thanks!

Stephen