Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Alvaro,

On Monday, March 2, 2015, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen Frost wrote:

> Having a curated list of active PUGs (where "active" is at least one
> meeting every other month, in my view..) and links to information about
> them would be good, but mailing lists are not that.

Actually we do have a list, curated (mostly) by Jon Katz.  What is wrong
with that?  Is that not backing enough from the postgresql.org website
to PUGs?

http://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

Check the first few links. That is the list I was referring to as not being curated and current...

I don't mean to point fingers at Jonathan or anyone else but that list has serious issues.

Now, if PUG organizers could update the list with new events and it was sorted by event or something along those lines then maybe it'd be kept current, but my preference would be to have that list linked into meetup for the groups that use meetup somehow and maybe G+ for groups that use that and the sorting by date of post would mean inactive groups would naturally be hidden...

Thanks!

Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server